Saturday, May 22, 2010

Parable of Sun Ra

Parable of Sun Ra

Happy birthday to my most precious ancestor, friend, mentor, teacher, comrade, associate, Sun Ra. I miss him so much yet he has never nor never shall leave my life, my heart, my soul.

I am Sun Ra in living flesh and art. There is nothing else to say. All that I am of theatre is due to Sun Ra, all that I am to philosophy is due to Sun Ra, all that I am as an man and beyond man is due to Sun Ra.

May Ra be praised! There is no way in heaven or earth you can understand Marvin X unless you understand the Ra influence.
--Marvin X
5/22/10


In celebration of his time on
Planet Earth, we invite you to re tune
yourself to the universe and explore
the unknown.

It's what Sun Ra would have
wanted.

http://www.jazzonthetube.com/videos/sun-ra/happy-birthday-sun-ra.html

- Lester Perkins
Jazz on the Tub

No comments:

Post a Comment