Wednesday, March 24, 2010

PARABLE OF THE GOOD CHILDREN




And they asked Plato Negro about the good children. Why doesn't he write something about them, a young man asked at his open-air classroom? So he replied that he had done so in his manual How to Recover from the Addiction to White Supremacy. In chapter five, we admit to the God within and without the exact nature of our wrongs.

Oh, Higher Power, please forgive me for I knew not what I was doing on so many occasions in my life, and then I ask forgiveness for the times when I knew exactly what I was doing but proceeded as if there were no consequences, but surely for every action in the universe there is an equal and corresponding reaction.
...Forgive me Higher Power, Jesus, Allah, Mother Goddess, Jah, Damballah, Ancestors, when I did not feed the hungry child, clothe the naked child, abused and abandoned the child by not calling and visiting, yet claimed I loved the child....

I apologize to all the good children of the world who do the right things, struggle against all odds, overcome obstacles to arrive at the door of success, who avoid criminal behavior, teenage pregnancy, to graduate high school and college, and strive to stay on the right path, to believe in the Higher Power within themselves and without.

We salute and encourage them to reach out to their brothers and sisters in the hood who are without hope, inspiration and direction, and be their mentors and guides, to hug them, yes, hug the thugs, with unconditional love and understanding that they too can put on the armor of God and walk in the light for eternity.
I apologize....
--Marvin X



from How to Recover from the Addiction to White Supremacy, Black Bird Press, Berkeley, 2008.
Revised 3/24/10

No comments:

Post a Comment